Our client is a leading international specialist in online recruitment. They help employers and job seekers to connect via Web-based services, so that companies can find, recruit, and manage talented people. The client’s business has grown considerably and offers services in several countries worldwide. As a result, their technical needs (programs, website etc.) and linguistic needs are challenging.
To translate their website into 10 different languages.
- A face to face meeting with 10 translators at the client’s premises in Brussels proved to be essential to meet the client’s expectations. Training courses were organised for the translators at the customer’s site. This provided information about the technical aspects (character limits for the translation of buttons, etc.) that were required to perform the translation according to their expectations.
- Terminology has an essential role in localisation, especially in very specific fields such as Human Resources. The following process was implemented for our client, and has now become the basis for all similar projects:
- GIB Consult performed source term extraction with which a multilingual glossary was created. First, an experienced translator read all the source material to identify all specific terminology. Once this list was prepared, it was translated into all languages before the project was launched.
- The glossary was checked and approved by the customer to ensure that the preferred terminology is used throughout the documentation.
- Questions and answers are important during the translation process to solve potential doubts in the source documents (stylistic, terminology, references, etc.). GIB Consult uses special query sheets with a clear format, allowing the customer to give answers and comments easily. The answered Q&A sheet is always shared with all translators so that source-related questions are shared with the entire team.
- Translation memories and terminology databases are updated so that they can be used for future projects. In this way we ensure that future translations are consistent with previous ones, even if done by a different translator. These translation memories remain the property of the client and are available to the client at all times.
Thanks to the processes implemented, they were able to go live on schedule, and manage updates and new versions consistently and efficiently.
Our experience of both your translation and multilingual consulting services has been excellent throughout the entire period of the project. Your work reaches a very high level of professional expertise and you observed the agreed deadlines by working closely with the Project team to produce clear and reliable projects plan. We greatly appreciate the willing and helpful attitude of your employees and partners, who meet all our requirements.
The provision of a dedicated team website definitely adds value, improving the communication between us, which enabled us to launch the websites with confidence.