A Korean multinational: one of the largest consumer electronics providers in the world. Its products include air conditioners, computers, digital televisions, liquid crystal displays, mobile phones, monitors, printers, refrigerators, semiconductors, and other equipment.
A long-term project that consists of providing “on-demand” website translation — product descriptions and technical specifications — into 41 languages. A continuous flow of incoming documents with an average weekly volume handled ranging from 150,000 to 200,000 words, with short turnaround times: from same-day to next-day delivery. An average volume of 8 million words per year!
- We built a flexible team of dedicated translators specialised in the IT field with a background in marketing to ensure same-day to next-day deliveries.
- A shared online tracking system was set up to manage the continuous document flow.
- Style guides were created and are regularly updated based on feedback received from the client.
- Glossaries are created on the fly by translators and updated whenever the client gives feedback.
- Translation memories are continuously updated with the latest client review and shared with the translators to ensure consistency.
- An online client-customised platform (Microsoft SharePoint) allows translators to post queries and exchange info with the client. Considering the worldwide and multinational aspect of the company and the number of stakeholders working on the project (from headquarters to local branches), this efficient way of communicating is essential.
- On-site meetings are organised with local branches and the translators (who always work in their mother tongue) to discuss how to handle marketing translations.
A satisfied client with Key Performance Indicator (KPI) 92% based on quality and on-time delivery!
I also wanted to express our sincere appreciation for your exceptional service with such a tough SLA, meeting clients’ delivery needs for the past seven years. That is something you and your team should be proud of! When we launched this project seven years ago, every aspect was so challenging from the start: over 40 languages, same day delivery, three translators per language, no volume commitment, and yet responsible on-time delivery, KPI measurements, local country SME approval, and high-quality translation. The fact that we conducted this project over seven years is a testimony to your great service year after year. Thank you again for your superb and unprecedented service throughout our long association.